EP&C News UPDATED. 2017.7.21 금 17:32

상단여백
HOME 뉴스 국제(영문)
Shipments of OLED materials expected to grow 29% to 53 tons in 2017
이나리 기자 | 승인 2017.07.17 09:21

[EPNC=이나리 기자] Shipments of organic light-emitting materials used to produce organic light-emitting diode displays are forecast to reach 53 tons in 2017, up 29 percent from the previous year. 

In the first half of 2017, small- and mid-sized OLED panels accounted for 87 percent (or 46 tons) of total organic light-emitting materials consumption. 

Samsung Display, which has been mass producing small- and mid-sized OLED panels, is the biggest customer of organic light-emitting materials in this segment, with a 92 percent share in terms of volume. 

The launch of the Galaxy S8 and S8+; steady rise in demand for OLED panels from Chinese set makers; and Apple’s adoption of OLED panels to its next iPhone are driving the demand for organic light-emitting materials.  

In 2017, the FMM RGB, a solution widely used to produce small- and mid-sized OLED panels, will account for 87 percent of total organic light-emitting material consumption in terms of volume, and the white OLED (WOLED) solution, used to produce large OLED panels, will represent the rest 13 percent.  

South Korea-based Samsung Display and LG Display, which mainly churn out small- and mid-sized OLED panels and large OLED panels, respectively, are projected to consume 98 percent of total organic light-emitting material shipments in 2017, while Chinese panel maker EverDisplay Optronics (EDO) will account for the remaining 2 percent. Demand from Chinese panel makers will grow to 5 percent in 2018, mainly due to BOE’s fab in Chengdu that will kick off mass production in the fourth quarter of 2017. 

#OLED#materials

이나리 기자  narilee@epnc.co.kr

<저작권자 © EP&C News, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지>

이나리 기자의 다른기사 보기
icon인기기사
여백
여백
여백
여백
여백
여백
여백
icon
여백
여백
여백
신제품
여백
여백
여백
여백
여백
Back to Top